Friday, June 26, 2009

Pregnant and Slightly Delusional


I love being pregnant. Please don't get me wrong. Its a miracle every time and i am thankful for the blessing...it just that when i am...and sort of in shock about it....i have the WEIRDEST dreams!

They keep me up at night, and it easily takes smy 10 minuets to realize that im awake and that everything that i was "experiencing" - like dancing in Time Square to the Beatles, wasnt really happening!

Im already noticig my cravings starting to appear. Random overwhelming urges to eat McDonald's Fish-o-fillet sandwhich's - (a "food" - if you can call it that) which i would never want ordinarily.

My husband was sitting on the couch last night, explaining a chapter in his disertation to me and asking my oppinion on phrasing. I looked completely involved in every word that was coming out of his mouth...but all i could think of was that at that moment his head looked like a very tastey roast turkey - with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy of course! :0

Usually once i phychologically accept that im pregnant, this weirdness goes away. But it usually takes until the end of the first trimester...as i dont "relax" into the pregnancy until then. Ive miscarried in the past, and i just don't like to get my hopes up too high since the likelyhood of pontaneous miscarriage is the MOST prevalent in the 1st trimester.

So i guess my nuerosis will continue until then. Arn't you glad you read my column today?! ;)

To all the ladies out there who have been pregnant or are now: does this kind of stuff happen to you as well? please tell me im not the only one out there that gets a little wierd during pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment